Front Desk Receptionist
Cheema Dental Corporation
Stockton, CA • Permanent Job
- Work Days
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat
- Experience Required
- at least 1 year
- Fluency In
Dental Office Receptionist
Responsible for administering the day-to-day activities of the dental front desk, including but not limited to: managing patient’s electronic records, scheduling of new patients, maintaining appearance and order of front dental office, and accepting, filtering disseminate communications into the office to appropriate channels.
- Manage communications of the dental front office
- Open and close dental front office according to office protocol
- Review the office for a neat, professional appearance and make necessary changes
- Check office incoming correspondence and filter to appropriate position
- Answer and respond to all telephone calls with professionalism
- See that the phone is answered before the third ring at all times. Collect and respond to messages left on the answering machine. Make sure the appropriate message is on the machine, example: lunch, staff meeting, holiday etc.
- Manage the answering machine daily. Assure that the message is context appropriate
- Review supplies for reception and provide order to office manager according to office protocol
- Ensure that HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices Notice is on display
- Monitor the condition of the patient's bathroom. Check at least twice daily and maintain cleanliness.
- Maintain a professional reception area; organize patient education materials, etc.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice.
- Check in patients according to office protocol, verifying and updating patient. information. Manage recall and inactive patient system.
- Help explain office policy to patient’s if necessary
- Confirm the next day’s appointments according to protocol and patient preferences.
- Make follow-up calls as needed.
- Be familiar with the office financial policy and be capable of relaying cancellation policy if the situation requires.
- Send welcome letters to new patients. Send thank you cards, coffee mugs or letters to referral sources. Send sympathy or congratulatory cards to patients of the office, as appropriate.
- Gather and accurately record insurance information from patients and new patients.
- Record chart entries from phone or in-person conversations when appropriate
- See that records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Assure that every patient’s HIPAA forms and consent forms are signed and up to date.
- Accurately file patient information.
- Arrange patient charts and radiographs for the next day’s appointments
- Track cases and referrals to and from other doctors.
- Monitor inventory and order dental office supplies as needed
- Be an active participant in staff meetings Perform other tasks as assigned by office manager
- Sort, organize, and distribute mail
- Prepare and send out new patient and referral thank-you letters as directed by office manager
- Prepare and send out continuing care notices as directed by office manager
- Prepare and send out other necessary correspondence as directed by office manager
- High school diploma
- Legible handwriting for communications
- Knowledge of Dental Software a plus (Open Dental)
- Office experience desired
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and community
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff
- Team player
- Able to adapt to office policy improvements (office is constantly striving for improved customer care/service)
- Customer service or patient relations experience
- Quick response/accurate data entry
- Communicate all concerns to Office Manager
- Open Dental: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- We are hiring for the following office locations: Stockton, Modesto and Pleasanton.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted about 2 months ago