Tips for Interviewing Candidates
Some interesting interview questions to ask potential candidates. The answers may surprise you.
- What is the one achievement you're proudest of? Why?
- What's one thing you would like to do better? What's your plan for improving?
- Tell me about a time where you screwed up.
- Tell me about the relationships you've had with the people you've worked with. Describe the good ones? The bad?
- What changes have you made in working with others to be more effective at work?
- Describe a crisis you faced at work. What was your role? How was it resolved? What were the results?
- What's your definition of hard work?
- Have you ever been asked to do something you weren't trained to do? How did you handle it?
- Is it better to be perfect and late, or good and on time?
- Explain something to me that is complicated, but you know well.
- What’s the biggest decision you’ve had to make in the past year? Why was it so big?
- When have you been most satisfied in your life?
- Who is your role model, and why?
- What things do you not like to do?
- We’re constantly making things better, faster, or less expensive. Tell me about a recent project or problem that you made better, faster, or less expensive.
- Describe the boss who would get the very best work from you.
- What is it about this opportunity that most excites you most?
- Why are you leaving your current employer?
- Why should I hire YOU?
- Do you have any questions for me?