Candidate Frequently Asked Questions
Here you'll find answers to common questions. If you need additional help, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- How much does this service cost?
Nothing! Our candidates services are absolutely free.
- What happens after I register?
Once approved, your profile will be showcased in front of hundreds of local employers who are looking for temporary or permanent dental professionals just like you.
While active, expect to receive emails and texts inviting you to job opportunities that match your profile. Accept those you like, decline those you don't. Visit our Job Board frequently and apply to posted listings as well.
Your Candidate Profile
- Can I change my profile after I create it?
Of course! We encourage you to keep your profile up to date, and modify it as your information or availibility changes.
- What if I have a vacation coming up, or certain days that can’t work?
You can easily indicate which days you CANNOT work by specifying the dates in the Exceptions section located in My Profile under Placement Preferences.
Simply mark the days you are not available. You won't show up in search results for these days. By keeping your availability up to date, your ranking will improve!
- I'm not receiving any temp work. How come?
First, be sure to check that your profile indicates that you are available for temporary work. Second, keep your profile attractive. Include an up to date headshot and well written bio. Statistics show that candidates who include photos are selected 12 times as often as candidates who do not.
Applying For Jobs
- How do I apply for jobs?
Once your profile is active, simply use the Find Jobs option to view and apply to available job postings on our Job Board.
Employers will contact you directly to set up interviews. Be sure to call them back! If you get a great offer, take it! Unlike other agencies, you're not required to report to us and we won't get in the way!
- What happens if I don’t reply to a text job opportunity?
Each job opportunity we send you REQUIRES a response using the link provided. Not responding will lower your profile rank and eventually leads to the omission of new opportunities.
- How come I can’t find temporary jobs that others can?
Our system uses an automated algorithm that incorporates many of user behaviors and patterns to determine your eligibility for temporary jobs. If you are no longer seeing temporary jobs, you may not be eligible for them. This exclusion may be lifted over time, so you may want to check back after a month or two.
- Why are the temp jobs are always full by the time I click the link?
Temporary jobs fill pretty fast. The employer often requests more than one candidate for a single temporary position. The first candidate to accept gets the job.
Don't get frustrated if you're finding that the job is already filled by the time you click the link, Try to get to the job quicker and don't give up!
- How do I cancel a job I've accepted?
We know that things happen, so if you can't make it to a job you've accepted, please cancel as soon as possible via your account. Once you cancel a job, we'll begin work on finding another candidate to fill the opportunity.
Not showing up to a job you've accepted will permanently impact your account and the types of jobs you have access to.
Here's how to cancel a job:
- Visit your jobs page.
- Click View Job on the job you want to cancel
- In the cancellation box, click Yes, cancel my acceptance
- What happens if I cancel too many jobs?
Cancelling jobs is not good for anyone. To reduce the occurrence of cancellations, our temping platform is governed by some general rules. These help us maintain a healthy supply of opportunities for our candidates while providing a quality service for our employers.
The following rules govern to our temping platform:
- Cancelling any job will affect your rank position amongst your peers.
- Cancelling any 2 jobs with less than 20 hours notice, or any 3 jobs regardless of notice, within a 60-day window will result in the temporary suspension of your temping privileges. Suspensions begin at 30 days and increase with the number of offences.
- Permanent suspensions are imposed if certain minimum performance indicators are not maintained.
- Candidates receiving multiple poor performance reviews from employers will lose their temping privileges indefinitely.
Also, never ask an employer to cancel a job for you. Any attempts to manipulate the system to avoid penalty will result in the closure of your account.
- What happens if I can't make it to a job and I forget to cancel?
In certain situations, it's possible to forget to cancel a job when something comes up at the last minute. However, remembering to cancel in these cases is crucial as it allows us to fill the slot with another candidate.
If you don't show up for a job you've committed to, you are considered a no-show. Being a no-show will permanently affect your profile and the types of jobs you have access to.
If you are unable to cancel a job because of reasons beyond your control, please contact your local representative and they will review the case.
- When I get hired, does the doctor pay a fee?
No, doctors are not charged when they hire you. So they will be as excited as you are! But please remember to inactivate your account in your Account Settings after you accept a job.
- Are the dental offices that use the Princess Dental Staffing service safe to work in?
We take your safety very seriously. We reach out to each and every employer to make sure that the guidance provided by the ADA, OSHA and local government is being adhered to, which includes providing the necessary PPE's to staff. If you require a particular type of PPE, we recommend you bring it with you to any jobs you work.
If you ever run into a situation that you feel may not be safe to work in, please let us know immediately.
- How do I report a problem?
Contact your local representative by phone or email. Contact information is found on the Contact Us page.
- How do I cancel my account?
To inactivate your account, simply go to your Account Settings and click Inactivate my account.