With the cornonvirus on everyone's mind, we'd like to take some time to share some of the safety precautions we're using in our dental office, and find out what others are using in their office. So let us know in a comment.
- Effective immediately, back office employees are to leave their scrubs in the office at the end of the day to be laundered. This will require a change of clothes to return home in.
- Back office providers hair should be minimally exposed, within reason (buns and ponytails)
- When scheduling and confirming appointments, inquire of travel to areas of elevated risks in last 2 weeks, or if they have been exposed to anyone who is sick or traveled
- Wipe down of common areas multiple times daily
- Take the temperature of patients after being seated
- All patients will swish with Peridex for 60 seconds before starting a procedure
- Providers to wear masks as you enter the operatory, and during discussions
- Rubber dams will be used whenever applicable
- NO Cavitron use (reduce aerosols)
- Disposable gowns to be used, if attainable
Wash your hands after you seat the patient SO THEY CAN SEE YOU DO IT
What precautions are you taking in your dental office? Let us know in a comment.